Normal Topic Cast For Kids? (Read 3702 times)
DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Cast For Kids?
09/04/07 at 14:16:24
Quote Print Post  
Don't we have a Cast For Kids event this coming Saturday the 8th, at the Coulon Park launch? Smiley

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Re: Cast For Kids?
Reply #1 - 09/04/07 at 17:32:39
Quote Print Post  
Smitty,

That would be yes.

Russ

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/05/07 at 04:27:04
Quote Print Post  
Here is the text of Andrea's August Newsletter article:

CAST for Kids - Saturday, September 8th

Mark your calendar!

We need you and your boat!

Volunteers need to be at Gene Coulon Park in Renton by 6:30 AM. The children will be loaded into your boat (previous to launching) between 8:30 – 9:30 AM and then you will return to the launch around 12:00 for a BBQ for the children and volunteers.

Please let me know if you will be able to attend this awesome, life changing event , I would like to have a count of boaters and volunteers at the next CAST meeting.
If you do not have a boat and want to volunteer to help onthe ground, please let me know so I can get you signed up for a responsibility.

For more information on this program and to read testimonials on past events please look up their website at www.castforkids.org.

Thank you for your support,
Andrea – Special Events
253-847-0611

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/06/07 at 06:33:20
Quote Print Post  
Andrea, I'll be there .... minus boat unfortunately, but ready to help with whatever you need.

Faz

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #4 - 09/08/07 at 03:01:23
Quote Print Post  
Cant make it this time as the trailer has a tail light out....a crank strap broken and the canopy is shifting....in other words....
IM FALLING APART!!! Tongue

IP Logged

Andrea L
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 09/08/07 at 03:45:49
Quote Print Post  
Thanks to all that are coming to the CAST event tomorrow with or without boats.  I'll see you in the morning.

Andrea

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/13/07 at 03:55:26
Quote Print Post  
We had a good time at CAST on Saturday. Thanks to Smitty, Faz, Jose, Chris B and Russ for coming out. Thanks to Andrea for setting everything up and for bringing Brock out with her. I took my son, Ryan, with me and we took kids out on our boat.

I hadn't tried this event before. We had a great time with a father and two boys (10 and 6). The older son was autistic. He did a great job fishing and he caught a little smallmouth and a perch. His brother caught a couple of perch, too. I was so proud of Ryan, because he was very helpful and patient and shows such caring for others.

They were a few boats short, so Smitty volunteered to take another child out in the afternoon who had not been able to go out in the AM.

It was really nice to see Jim Owens there for the awards ceremony. Had a chance to tell him we were glad he is doing better.

Thanks again to everyone. I will definitely be going again next year.

Stu

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #7 - 09/17/07 at 05:08:24
Quote Print Post  
Heres a pic from CAST.  Best fish from our boat.  Will be there next year again  Cheesy

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo