Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Potholes Open Results Weights (Read 4858 times)
basspro
Ex Member

Potholes Open Results Weights
04/18/11 at 20:37:34
Quote Print Post  
Guys if you didn't make this one you missed seeing the biggest two day weight ever bagged just over 50 lbs of largies by the Raul Harnish team. Two teams weighed in over 29 lbs one for saturday and one on Sunday. Teams of DJ Laroche,Oday/Poplawski Barr/Werner, and Baker/Chevrier cashed. Barr/Werner congrats to them to their 9th or 10th place finish cant remember which one & us with a 5th place finish with 9 fish for 37.50 lbs-our four largest were 2 smallies that went 5.86 & 5.78 and two largies that went 6.32 & 5.63. A 7.33 largie was big fish by the Andy Smith/Brian Mchenry Team.

It took 20+ lbs to be in the money, 34 teams blanked. Weather was rain and 40's on Friday, calm to wind on Saturday in the 50's and windy again on sunday going to slight wind in the afternoon.

110 teams total.

Didnt hear report from Payseno/Troy team and Dovers. They didnt show for awards ceremony.

Party was good at Oday's Resort.

Want to say a Big Thank You to Jack Oday for letting us borrow a prop on day two since I buried the Phoenix on a gravel sand bar that ate my prop and bent my prop shaft.

Russ

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: Potholes Open Results Weights
Reply #1 - 04/18/11 at 23:09:09
Quote Print Post  
Well Payseno Kelly bombed day one with 3lbs for two smallies.  Day two we only got three bites but they weighed 14+.  All in all it was a fun weekend.  We could just never put anything together.  Next Year!  nicely done russ and mark.

Hey it beat the hell out of silver lake anyway  Cheesy

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #2 - 04/19/11 at 00:46:37
Quote Print Post  
Wow that's some crazy good numbers for not so good weather. So Russ you cashed a check but spent it all on the boat damage got to love this sport.
Yes Troy you beat the hell out of silver lake so did my dog.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #3 - 04/19/11 at 04:40:45
Quote Print Post  
Great Job Russ/Mark!!! now lets work on getting more folks in the Open and the draw tourney next year!!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/20/11 at 00:25:22
Quote Print Post  
heres two from sunday

P4170068.JPG ( 96 KB | 133 Downloads )
P4170068.JPG

IP Logged

b_olson
Forum Member

Reply #5 - 04/20/11 at 00:35:22
Quote Print Post  
Nice fish!

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #6 - 04/20/11 at 06:05:13
Quote Print Post  
Nice fatties Troy.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

5dinks
WBC Board Member

2nd place is 1st LOSER!

Reply #7 - 04/20/11 at 12:19:48
Quote Print Post  
Troy, $5 says you were no where near %$#&!#@$%!!! Silver Lake when you caught those!  GRRRR Angry

Sponsors:    One of the 5 original members of Team Ass Pocket, New truck, 2nd hand Triton boat (Thanks Willie at NIXONS MARINE), used truck camper with used F150 (everything is paid for), misc rods and reels, endorsed by MY WIFE and sponsored by a 9-5 job.

IP Logged

Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 04/20/11 at 20:07:35
Quote Print Post  
Hey thanks for the kudos on our finish. I appreciate it.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 04/21/11 at 00:25:36
Quote Print Post  
Troy,

Those are nice fish way to go on day two. Yes it was a grinder for us as well since we couldnt get full limits. I count my blessings that I have spent considerable time on that body of water in April and know enough areas that hold fish this time of year and how to catch them. The crank bait bite was on for us and i highly suggest you guys buy this bait a Jackall Aragon in Spring Craw pattern that baits kicks Arse. Just ask Bob and Mark.

Russ

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 04/21/11 at 04:50:46
Quote Print Post  
I was incredibly impressed by your smallie catches.  Those were monsters!  I'm you guys could of filled your limits both days it would of been a close race.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 04/21/11 at 13:53:59
Quote Print Post  
For those that didnt think you could catch largemouth on spinnerbaits and cranks in 49 deg. water.... you can. Unfortunately the sun killed the spinnerbait bite and Maderos and I could not get the bites we found on Friday. It was cloudy and rainy prefishing and the fish were hammering blades in the shallow brush. The clouds moved and it got sunny, and we couldnt touch a largemouth in our spots. Good job to all that did well. We fell on our butts.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 04/22/11 at 04:06:31
Quote Print Post  
Troy,

If we could have caught the only 3 fish we saw that were over 5lbs each, then it would have put us right there with the Harnish Team, unfortunately thats fishing and they wouldnt take anything we threw at them.

Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo